Thursday, February 4, 2016

Review: Hazardous Duty

Hazardous Duty Hazardous Duty by Christy Barritt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hazardous Duty

Book Summary
On her way to completing a degree in forensic science, Gabby St. Claire dropped out of school and started her own crime scene cleaning business. Now, when a routine cleaning job leads her to a murder weapon the police overlooked, she realizes that the wrong man is in jail. With the help of her new and attractively single neighbor, Riley Thomas, Gabby plays the detective to make sure the right man is put behind bars.

Hazardous Duty
This book was surprisingly very good. I admit my strategy is to read a cheesy book in between really good ones and I kind of thought this was one. However, it ended up having a lot of depth and really was a good read. Gabby's character has been through a lot in life. While it didn't go into details of all that had happened, it was interesting how the author tied everything together. The supporting characters, Sierra, Riley, Parker, and even Veronica were great!! The story line was continuously moving up to and through the climax. I didn't really know until the end who did it but my interest was definitely peaked when a surprise murder happened. I thought the author did a wonderful job of tying everything together.

From a Christian Perspective
I think the Christian aspect is what surprised me the most. Gabby doesn't believe in God. It was interesting to see her journey to faith. One line that stood out the most was "Life hadn't pointed me toward a loving God." And even more so Riley's response later on "I mean sometimes we assume that life is a reflection of God. But it's not. Life is this way because God gave us a choice, and, as humans, we screw up." These two line stood out for me because it's SO TRUE. So many times we shake our head at the horrors in this world, and wonder how it could happen. But we have to remember that Jesus never told us that being a Christian would protect or shield us from the horrors of this world! However he does remind us in John 16:33 that He has overcome the world. That is the faith that we need to hold on. As the series proceeds I look forward to Gabby grabbing hold of this and having the peace she desires!

This was a book from my personal collection, all opinions expressed are my own!

Love and Blessings!
Margaret


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!